Morris Home supports trans- and gender-nonconforming individuals as they develop the knowledge, skills and supports necessary to promote sobriety, manage emotional and behavioral difficulties, choose and maintain safe and healthy lifestyles, and develop healthy relationships with peers, family and the community. Morris Home, the only residential recovery program in the country to offer comprehensive services specifically for the transgender community, provides a safe, recovery-oriented environment in which people are treated with respect and dignity.
Morris Home is named for Nizah Morris, a transgender woman who was allegedly murdered in Philadelphia in 2002.
Morris Home in the news:
Morris Home In-Kind Donation Guidelines
Thank you so much for your generous interest in supporting and showing love to the members of RHD Morris Home! Before you reach out to us with inquiries or come by the building with donations, please read through the following list of DOs and DON’Ts for donations to find out if we need what you have to offer!
Morris Home offers services including:
- Comprehensive assessments
- Individual and group therapy
- Psycho-education and relapse prevention groups
- Hormone therapy
- Residential housing
- Connections with community resources for medical care, behavioral healthcare, advocacy and job placement
- Community-based, integration-focused case management
- Life skills, anger management and restorative justice training
- Linkages to adjunct educational, vocational and recreational services
- Peer support groups