Morris Home supports trans- and gender-nonconforming individuals as they develop the knowledge, skills and supports necessary to promote sobriety, manage emotional and behavioral difficulties, choose and maintain safe and healthy lifestyles, and develop healthy relationships with peers, family and the community. Morris Home, the only residential recovery program in the country to offer comprehensive services specifically for the transgender community, provides a safe, recovery-oriented environment in which people are treated with respect and dignity.
Morris Home is named for Nizah Morris, a transgender woman who was allegedly murdered in Philadelphia in 2002.
Morris Home Capital Campaign
The Morris Home Capital Campaign will support RHD Morris Home’s move to a new and bigger location in Philadelphia. Morris Home, the first residential recovery program in the country to offer comprehensive services specifically for trans- and gender-variant individuals, is moving to a new location in order to expand services in response to a growing need in Philadelphia.
Morris Home in the news:
Led by Morris Home director Laura Sorensen, featured on Philly Voice as one of Philadelphia’s leading LGBT activists, Morris Home offers services including:
- Comprehensive assessments
- Individual and group therapy
- Psycho-education and relapse prevention groups
- Hormone therapy
- Residential housing
- Connections with community resources for medical care, behavioral healthcare, advocacy and job placement
- Community-based, integration-focused case management
- Life skills, anger management and restorative justice training
- Linkages to adjunct educational, vocational and recreational services
- Peer support groups