ESH (Enhanced Supportive Housing)
The ESH Program offers strengths-based interventions through a team approach to Supportive Housing and has been serving the greater Raleigh and Durham communities for many years. Staffed 8 am-6 pm M-F and 8 am-4 pm on weekends, RHD provides a variety of services tailored to meet individual needs and person-centered goals. Program participants live in individual apartments throughout the community with a focus on further developing life skills that are essential to living successfully in the community and increase independence. Some of these skills include:
- Medication Management
- Obtaining all eligible entitlements
- Money Management
- Nutrition and Meal Preparation
- Community Navigation and Access to Transportation
- Increased access and participation in communities of choice
- Meeting needs and making informed decisions about medical and mental health services
Participants must have the skills and ability to have unsupervised time prior to program admission. The overall goal is to support program participants with a documented plan to transition all participants to independent or shared housing through a tiered reduction of services.
- 30-34 Master-Leased Apartments.
- An innovative team approach that includes:
- An assigned Case Manager
- Peer Specialist
- Vocational Specialist
- Program Manager
RHD’s psychiatrist visits one time per two weeks, approximately, for medication management and other services. Please direct all admission/referral questions to firstname.lastname@example.org or Jonathan.Hall@rhd.org.
The referral form can be found here.
Donate to this programDonate to this Program
Program Start Year
- Jon Hall, Program Manager
- Nicholas Hobbs, State Director
- phone 919-755-1335
- fax 919-875-4493
- email email@example.com
location 1309 Hudson Ave, D1
Durham, North Carolina 27705