Varsity Crest Intensive (VCI)
RHD’s Varsity Crest program has been offering a unique and innovative approach to Supervised Living in the greater Raleigh community for over 20 years.
In response to an increase in demand, we are pleased to offer Varsity Crest Intensive (VCI). We are bringing the same pioneering approach and staffing patterns utilized at Varsity Crest to community members who need more intensive support than what is offered at our other programs.
With staff available 24/7, VCI provides a variety of services tailored to meet individual needs and person-centered goals. Residents live in their own private individual bedrooms in three-bedroom, .5600(a)-licensed, single-family homes. Recovery focuses on further developing life skills that are essential to live successfully in the community and increase independence.
- A licensed .5600(a) group home with three individual bedrooms.
- A full-time nurse.
- A ratio of two or more staff persons to three participants between 8 am and midnight most days.
- 24/7 staffing.
- Training on how to use Uber, MATP (Medicaid Assistance Transportation Program) and NEMT (Non-Emergency Medical Transportation) rather than relying on VCI for transportation.
- Coaching in medication adherence.
- Training in building daily living skills.
- Assistance in securing more independent and permanent housing.
While this is a licensed group home, the program is designed specifically for those who have both the ability and desire to transition to greater independence during the program’s 9-12 months.
The referral form can be found here.