More than 27,000 people each year gain the support and encouragement they need to build better lives for themselves, their families, and their communities through RHD’s many programs. Their milestones and successes, large and small, are made possible through the generosity of people like you. Your gift to RHD will:
- Help families break the generational cycle of poverty and homelessness
- Find meaningful work and a chance at a new life for people recently released from prison
- Improve academic success for at-risk children
- Prevent child abuse or neglect by teaching positive parenting skills
- Offer affordable health care to people living in low-income neighborhoods
- Promote growth through artistic expression for people with disabilities
- Keep families together as single moms work to break the grip of substance abuse
- Rehabilitate and build affordable housing
- Help people with disabilities live as independently as possible
- Build job and academic skills for teens who are at risk of dropping out of school
- Engage people isolated from their communities by mental illness
How can I help?
There are several ways you can help people in your neighborhood maximize their independence and achieve success:
RHD accepts donations for its individual programs, or for the organization as a whole to use wherever the need is greatest. Donate online with your credit card through a secure server, or fill out this form and mail your donation to:
Resources for Human Development
c/o Marketing and Communications
PO Box 4199
Philadelphia, Pa. 19144
Does your employer match your charitable gift? If so, please enclose the matching gift form with your donation.
The donation of common stock, bonds and mutual funds can be made to RHD; contact your financial adviser for details.
Donate through the United Way’s Donor Choice
If you wish to support your workplace’s United Way campaign, please designate RHD to receive your payroll deduction. RHD’s Donor Choice number is 00838.
Many of RHD’s programs accept donations of clothing, household goods, toys, personal hygiene products, etc. For information, contact the individual program, or call the marketing and communications department at (215) 951-0300.
The most familiar type of planned gift is a general bequest, leaving a portion of your assets to RHD. Even a modest bequest will have a large impact.
Other types of planned gifts include charitable remainder trusts, charitable gift annuities, and revocable living trusts. An often-overlooked gift, easy to give, is all or part of a life insurance policy no longer needed for its original purpose. By making RHD the owner of the policy, the premiums you pay are tax deductible. To learn more about tax benefits that assist you in meeting your personal financial and estate planning goals, contact your financial adviser.Volunteer your time
Individual programs within Resources for Human Development welcome volunteers in a variety of capacities. Share your time with consumers, help out in a program’s office, or lend your expertise to an advisory board or special event.
For more information, contact Kevin Roberts at (215) 951-0300, ext. 3714, or firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your generous support!
RHD is a 501c3 nonprofit organization, and your donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent allowed by law. RHD’s official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling 800-732-0999.